Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dermatology over Spring Break

Im home for spring break, for me that is currently Saudi Arabia. But being home does not mean being away from uni. I have to finish two papers, study for an exam that I have the first day back from classes, make a USMLE schedule, try to start studying for USMLE Step 1, and review physical examination. Also, enjoy the break! I dont have a summer holiday, since the summer break is really a study break for USMLE. As everyone around me is planning their summer holidays to visit family and friends, I am making a USMLE schedule for my summer holiday (6weeks). It consists of 10-11 hr day of studying and break for lunch, dinner and possibly gym once in a while.

This leads me to a question that many applicants have asked me over and over again: Am I satisfied with the decision I made to go into medical school? Sometimes I may feel overwhelmed and overworked. But I do not regret choosing medicine. It requires most of your energy, but in the long run it is really worth it! So keep your spirits high!

Tom is a big day for Cornell! The 4th years find out if they have been matched! Wish them all the best!

No comments: